Friday 31 May 2013

Summer days

Hi again,

Summer has taken a long time to get here this year. Supposedly it has been one of the coldest springs for many years in the UK. But today it feels like it truly arrived. It's been warm and quite lovely. Just the sort of day that makes you think of summer treats...

One of my favourite things is having a high tea. We do our own version, smoked salmon and cucumber sandwiches, pâté on water wafers, scones, strawberries and clotted cream, thin slices of cake and any other dainty cakes that come to mind. All served with a pot of tea - Quite delicious!!!


I wish the photos were better... They don't do it justice- but I got enough complaints making everyone wait while I took two quick photos so I didn't dare go get a better camera.


The perfect end to a lovely day in the garden.

Until next time
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...