Wednesday 29 May 2013

I love owls

Hi again,

I thought I would show my gorgeous owls that I popped into my new craft bag yesterday. I made them a few months ago but they are so sweet I want to share them with you.

Here are Hottie and Hoots.




They are from a Whimsicals booklet called Buttons and Blooms. I used some Japanese linen fat quarter fabrics I bought early last year to make them. The texture of the linen makes them look so much more interesting than patchwork fabric alone would do.

The booklet also has a pretty bag I want to make soon...




... How lucky I bought the picture panel at the same time I bought the booklet... oh, and a meter each of some small print green fabric and a pale green fabric with owls, birds and branches. I am sure I can find some other matching fabric in my stash to be able to start the bag as soon as I want.

Until next time
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...