Wednesday 2 January 2013

Ladder

Hi, Happy New Year,
I saw a 1/12 scale ladder on ebay recently and wanted it for the cottage to reach the platform I made. Unfortunately the bidding was way out of my league.

So I decided I would make one myself. I was going to use some obeche strips I have to make a modern looking ladder but ended with two skewers and some craft match sticks in front of me and so I started dabbling. After cutting the pointy end of the skewers off I lay them out and simply glued the matchsticks across them to make foot steps. Quick and easy and a bit more rustic than I planned.




I am really pleased with the result. It is actually surprisingly sturdy and has just the right look for the cottage.

Until next time
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...