Thursday 3 January 2013

Bandstand aka Steampunk Observatory

Hi again,
In true "me" style one project at a time is not enough...

I really like steampunk art and have wanted to make a steampunk dollshouse for a while. So, when I was given a Dolls House Emporium bandstand for Christmas ( one I found on ebay actually) I decided that would be the theme for it. So I'm making the bandstand into a steampunk observatory. It'll need a telescope and a couple of chairs and maybe a table and some star charts perhaps.

I put the bandstand together over the course of a day...Lots of wood glue, elastic bands and waiting for each stage to dry. I then painted the whole thing in cream paint. I use the little paint sample pots from DIY stores, they are cheap and cover the wood well.

I then made a paper template of the floor and glued stone paper to it before fitting it inside.




I also painted two chairs I bought in a job lot of ebay, and then recovered the cushions to be more in keeping with the outdoors steampunk theme.




I already like the effect, next onto the roof...

Until next time
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...