Tuesday 5 March 2013

Dad's Dollshouse

Hi again,

My dad was a builder and carpenter all his working life and, though he is now retired, he still likes to make things. He has made three dollshouses from scratch to a standard that would pass a building inspectors scrutiny. Each is handcrafted from larger planks of wood to his own design. He estimates that each took ten working days to build. The houses are basically a timber frame which will be the base from which the house will rise. The roof and upper floor will lift off separately to allow access to the ground floor.












At the moment I don't have room to build one, but one is carefully wrapped up with my name firmly on it! It will be my ultimate project for some point in the future, building a house from the walls up. A true one of a kind project! I am so excited that I already have started planning the rooms... in the meantime I will hone my building skills practicing on smaller projects.

Until next time
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...